Sunday, November 12, 2006

Aviation - Licensed PPL !




August 28, 2000 I flew my first solo flight in a Cessna 172 as a holder of aPPL (private pilot license) !

I flew the "City Tour", flying from my home airport CNC3 (Brampton) to City Centre (CYTZ), then on to ButtonVille (CYKZ) before returning to home base.

I started my training Mar 22 the same year, so it took about 5 mths to get my license, flying 2 -3 times a week in the evenings and on weekends.

I've always had an interest in flying, but living in Toronto, you don't see many small planes, mainly because CYYZ's (Pearson International) airspace envelopes about a 35 mile radius of sky around the city. Small planes can and do fly in certain areas, but rarely directly over the city or surrounding suburbs.

So that is part of the reason why I didn't learn to fly until in my middle 40's. I wasn't really aware of small light planes, thinking that a pilot license was only for airline pilots !

Mike

No comments: